Pet Sitting Services
Requirements for Pet Care in YOUR home:
1. I will only travel within approximately 20 mile radius of my home. I live just 12 miles north of Brattleboro in Putney, Vermont.
2. I must have instructions in writing for the care of your pets with contact numbers so that I may call you in case of an emergency.
3. I must have the number of your veterinarian and a vet release form signed, giving me permission to seek care in case of an accident, illness or injury, any time your pet is in my care.
4. I must have two sets of keys or one key and the number of a person with an extra key. I also need to know how many other people have the ability to enter your home while you’re away and if I should expect visitors and/or contracted services (i.e., lawn maintenance, etc.).
5. If you have an alarm system, I like to have my own code so that you can keep yours private and so that anyone else that may enter the home won’t have my code number.
6. I need to know when you return home. If I do not hear from you, I will assume that you had car trouble, plane delays or there was miscommunication about the time of return and I will continue visiting your pets and bill you for the additional visits.
7. I cannot be held responsible for any damage a pet with anxiety may do while home alone. Pets that are destructive may harm themselves or damage your property if not kept in a safe space.
8. I need to arrange a "Meet & Greet" with both you and your pet(s) ahead of time prior to your departure so I have access to your home (i.e., keys, lock code, etc.) and instructions.
9. I can only do visits up to three times per day: Morning, Early Afternoon and Evening. My first visit is around 7:00 A.M., my mid day visit is around 1:00 P.M. and my evening visit is around 7:00 P.M. (depending on the number of homes I have to visit, I can go a little earlier or a little later than these times). My home visits are a minimum of 20 minutes. I understand some families need different times or much longer visits.
My intention is to ensure that the pets get the care needed and you and/or your family can enjoy peace of mind while you're away from home.